Today we bring you some tips and ideas to choose your wedding invitations. We are going to divide this blog into two parts. On the one hand a series of tips, advice or recommendations to choose your wedding invitation and on the other hand the different trends for this wedding season.
Tips and questions for wedding invitations
¿Cuántas invitaciones de boda necesito?
As a general rule, you need as many wedding invitations as guests have the wedding plus 10% or 15% for possible unforeseen events or last minute additions.
What information should be on the wedding invitation?
There is no established rule on what data to put on wedding invitations, but in most cases we can find:
- Bride and groom’s names (with or without last name).
- Date of celebration.
- Time and place of the ceremony (and of the banquet if it is in different places).
- Telephone or contact email (you can create an email expressly for the wedding and manage from there confirmations and other issues related to weddings, for example the bride and groom @ … or your names and we get married, etc.).
What is a “Save the date”?
It is a communication that can be both electronic and paper, which is sent to all guests between 6 and 12 months before the wedding to announce your link. It is not a substitute for a wedding invitation, and is a very good idea if you have guests who live far away, as they can prepare the trip in advance or buy tickets.
When do I send the wedding invitations?
We recommend that if the wedding guests live in the same country where the ceremony is held, as a general rule the invitations should be sent 2-3 months before the wedding, but if you have guests living abroad you should send the invitations 3-6 months before because they must book flights and schedule it in advance. Another option is to send an electronic “Save the date” to inform them of the date and later send the invitations.
Paper or digital wedding invitation?
The paper wedding invitation is the traditional way of communicating your link to your guests, but increasingly we see more wedding invitations in digital format. There are many advantages in digital invitations, on the one hand it allows you to add animations to the invitation or even make your invitation a video (for example, you can use the video that we made in the pre-weddings for your invitation and give it a very personal touch and emotional and unique). And on the other hand, the cost of invitations is much lower since you avoid the cost of materials and printing, you also collaborate with the environment.
What style to choose for wedding invitations?
The style of wedding invitations should be tied to the style or theme of the wedding. For example, if your wedding has a rustic air, a good way to convey that idea in invitations is to use recycled or kraft paper.
Trends in wedding invitations
More and more in the market we can find a great variety of styles and trends in wedding invitations.
The invitations must go in accordance with the decoration or theme of the wedding. For example, if your wedding has a tropical style, you can include some palm leaf or flower such as hibiscus. You can also use a color that represents your wedding decoration and apply it to your invitation.
Some of the most outstanding trends are:
- Incorporate calligraphy or lettering to the design of the invitation to give it a more artisan or “handmade” touch and combine it with sober or simple typefaces.
- Add finishes in copper, gold, silver or bronze letters to give it a more stylish finish or, on the other hand, print the letters of your names dry so that they are embossed or sunken.
- Invitations in full color, with vibrant tones and elements that give a fresh and original touch.
- Combine neutral and earth colors with the different elements of the invitation (letters, bows, envelopes, etc.)
- Personalize your invitation with a sealing stamp with your initials or some organic motif such as a plant or flower.
- The inside of the envelopes are designed or printed in keeping with the invitation.
- The vegetal paper also enters strongly, to play with the transparencies and the different elements of the invitation.
- Paper in invitations has always been the most common material, but other supports such as methacrylate (transparent or colored) and wood can also be used.
- Add organic elements to give a warmer touch to your invitation.
To give you an idea and take inspiration we leave you with this Pinterest board.
You can see our post of ideas of bridal bouquets or tips to choose your wedding photographer.
You can see the wedding decoration at Hotel Villa Retiro in Tarragona by Patricia y Oriol.
Also in our Pinterest account you will find many more boards related to decoration and ideas for your big day.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram!